Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 5: Macro

I'd had my coffee, and I stared at my living room floor and sighed. It's overcast, I'm not as perky as I'd like to feel after gaining an hour for the end of Daylight Savings Time, and my house looks like a disaster area.

But I'm easily distracted, and instead of grabbing my vacuum cleaner, I grabbed my camera off the hook.

Despite the gloomy overcast sky, some of my daughter's dress up beads lay on the floor in a heap, catching the light in a beautiful way. It reminds me to look at the toys strewn on the floor not as a "mess," but as a sign that I have happy children in the house who are constantly creating and imagining.

After having three sons, our house was bursting with Legos and Star Wars. Bringing my daughter home from the hospital was like introducing a wave of pink into our house, sprinkled with a little fairy dust. Five years later, the pinkwash is still in full force. So today I used the "Macro" theme to give myself the excuse to get down on the floor and see my house from my kids' perspective.

Want to join the Photo Challenge? It's not too late! Visit DeBie Hive for details!

2 comments: