Tuesday, October 2, 2012

For the Love of October

October is a month for falling in love, which is why each autumn, I find myself head over heels with the way the light hits upon the things I love the most. The October sun is a spotlight that draws me outside to see everything that basks in early autumn glow.

As October winds shift and cool, I can close my windows against the shivery air, wrapping my hands around a steaming mug, sitting at my window in a square of brilliant warm golden light.

October pumpkins lay sideways in fields, ready to burst and when they do, they lay their souls bare full of musky sweet smell and more seeds that will grow and grab onto other souls. Not to smother and choke, but to support and buoy.

October swirls of colors, warm browns and oranges and yellows, the color of fire and passion, the shape of new and infinite possibilities, the way heavy globs and gentle splatters of paint smear across  a canvas in a way that looks purposefully haphazard.

October burns with wonder, hums with release, crackles with change. October holds a hidden promise that can only mean something unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. Love what you said here, especially the part about "new and infinite possibilities" ! Well said!

    ReplyDelete